Subject: Requesting the professor for feedback
I am drafting this missive to inform you that I have sent you a research paper for evaluation. I am requesting you to provide me a feedback for my research paper. I am really interested to know your opinion and view on my research paper as getting a feedback from a highly proficient and senior faculty like you would help me to identify the sections of the research paper which requires improvement. This would help me in having a proper understanding of the topic and would help in inculcating appropriate approach for carrying a research. Your critical analysis of my research paper would help me in getting a different perspective of the research through an expert opinion. This would help me to be more focused and precise on the required topic.
I would also like to have your valuable feedback for one essay that I have written. I would be highly obliged if you could evaluate and critically analyze the essay and provide me the feedback at your convenience.
I heartily appreciate the time and efforts taken by you in attending my request.
Thanking you in anticipation
Sincerely yours, (Regards)
(Name of the Student)
Subject: Requesting the professor for feedback
Outline for Persuasive speech
Specific purpose: To persuade my audience to be persistent for achieving their goals.
Thesis Statement: Perseverance is the only tool that would lead an individual to success.
We all like to live a comfortable life and enjoy luxuries in it. But, to be honest, we do not really have the dedication and sincerity to persuade our dreams irrespective of the obstacles that come into our way. The high end technology and easy and quick availability of the necessary things has made all of us intolerant. We all have become impatient in everything we do. But, what does this impatience bring us. It provides lack of efforts, loss of dedication and lack of desire to work hard consistently. It is this scenario, where most of the successful people leave the masses behind through perseverance and consistent efforts. Perseverance has to be achieved through consistent efforts and dedication to one’s goals and this would ultimately lead to achievement of the goals and fulfilment of the dreams.
There is an increasing need among the individuals to attain perseverance in their performance due to the following reasons:
A. People have become relatively impatient and there are many harmful effects of impatience.
1. Most of the people try to get the results as soon as they have applied the efforts. This has led to excessive level of impatience.
2. People are developing unnecessary stress due to their impatience. There are lifetime costs of impatience (Cadena & Keys, 2014)
3. People develop hyper tension and other such disorders due to continuous impatience and this is not advisable for long term health point of view.
B. Working habits have deteriorated in quality as a result of which perseverance is lost.
01. Lack of dedication and determination while working has been observed through various surveys by the researchers.
02. Carrying unnecessary personal work while working leads to less patience while performing the actual tasks at work.
03. There has been increasing cases of irregularities in the timing of the people due to absence of perseverance and consistency (Kapur, 2014).
C. Excessive use of the internet for useless stuffs reduces the sincerity leading to loss of perseverance.
01. There has been tremendous increase in the use of internet non-productive stuffs.
02. The productive time of the people has been consumed in doing useless surfing and chatting.
03. People spend majority of their time on internet for browsing over the social media which leads to decrease in the ability of perseverance.
There is a simple and easy to follow habit that each one of us can develop in order to develop the virtue of perseverance in our life.
A. Having the courage to follow your dreams
01. Realise your dreams and what you want from your life.
02. Identify your potential and develop goals.
03. Identify the path that are available
04. Select the most appropriate path which does not have any shortcuts (Duckworth, Peterson, Matthews, & Kelly, 2007).
B. After developing a dream, it is necessary to evaluate the use of time for developing effective utilization of time:
01. One has to keep a track of time during providing their efforts.
02. Allotting appropriate time to the tasks has to be done and it has to be observed strictly that the tasks get completed within the allotted time.
03. A daily schedule consisting of all the tasks has to be made and time has to be managed between all the tasks mentioned in the schedule.
C. Setting up of priorities so as to get the important tasks done:
01. Evaluating the importance of the things for the attainment of dreams and achieving the goals by an individual.
02. Making a priority list at the end of the day for the next day or at the beginning of the day for current day.
03. Observing sincerity and perseverance while performing the tasks which are set as per the priorities (Ammons & Newell, 1989).
We can realize the benefits of following perseverance in our efforts and maintaining it on a routine basis. This requires development of a clear vision regarding the attainment of goals and estimating the future position or heights of success which you want to reach.
A. Help to overcome the past failures
01. All of the people from the audience have at least failed once in their lives.
02. To overcome this failure and emerge victorious, one has to persevere his/ her dreams and follow them rigorously
03. Perseverance would help in getting success in any desired field.
B. Help to achieve one’s dreams and goals within a specific time as desired by an individual.
C. Boost your performance to new heights and help in exploration of your abilities and skills.
D. Provide extremely good results and outcome through consistent practice of perseverance.
• There is very common habit of humans that the reason each and every situation according to their knowledge, mind-set and beliefs. This may adversely affect the approach to perseverance (Mercier & Sperber, 2011).
• People should be able to identify the point after which they have to change or redirect their efforts while persevering their goals. This is very difficult to observe as the attitudes that are developed in the individuals are such that it makes it very difficult to evaluate them (Tormala & Petty, 2002).
• Speed of the persuasive speech is also very important to ensure that the desired level of understanding regarding the subject of perseverance is obtained. However, it is very critical to determine and develop an optimum speed which is argued by many since ages. There is a huge threat of incomplete information or misunderstanding developed among the receivers (Miller, Maruyama, Beaber, & Valone, 1976).
While concluding, I would like each one of you to realize their dreams and develop the courage to fulfil them. There’s a very good quote given by Julie Andrews, which states that,
“Perseverance is failing 19 times and succeeding the 20th.”
It is not important to know how many times you have failed or tried, but the only thing that should be taken into account is the ultimate drive to win or emerge successful in the world. Thus, even though you have failed earlier, you can surely achieve success through continuous perseverance and sincerity.
Ammons, D. N., & Newell, C. (1989). City executives: Leadership roles, work characteristics, and time management. . SUNY Press.
Cadena, B. C., & Keys, B. J. (2014). Human Capital and the Lifetime Costs of Impatience. cadenab, 1-73.
Duckworth, A. L., Peterson, C., Matthews, M. D., & Kelly, D. R. (2007). Grit: perseverance and passion for long-term goals. Journal of personality and social psychology, 92(6), , 1087.
Kapur, S. (2014, January 24). 3 bad work habits UAE employees can quit in 2015. Retrieved from http://www.emirates247.com: http://www.emirates247.com/news/3-bad-work-habits-uae-employees-can-quit-in-2015-2015-01-24-1.577795
Mercier, H., & Sperber, D. (2011). Why do humans reason? Arguments for an argumentative theory. . Behavioral and brain sciences, 34(02),, 57-74.
Miller, N., Maruyama, G., Beaber, R. J., & Valone, K. (1976). Speed of speech and persuasion. . Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 34(4), , 615.
Tormala, Z. L., & Petty, R. E. (2002). What doesn’t kill me makes me stronger: the effects of resisting persuasion on attitude certainty. Journal of personality and social psychology, 83(6),, 1298.
Date of Submission:
Admission in Military Academy
I have always been fascinated by technology and how it works. It has resulted in a long journey through the development of my career. The achievements and experience had then led to the pursuit of the military academy. One has to have certain personality and clarity of goals to get into the military Academy. I have provided my following in the following sections.
Attributes and personal characteristics:
Most important characteristic or attribute that is needed to get into the Military Academy is commitment. I have been committed to whatever I have done in my life. It has been attained through clarity of goals and focusing on them no matter whatever problems came in my way. Commitment helps in achieving the toughest tasks over a period of consistent hard-work.
Strong leadership qualities are required as the job will test an individual’s capability to work in a team and make different strategies and plans through proper coordination with the officers and other people belonging to different departments. Punctuality and ability to take tough decisions in critical situations are to be inculcated.
For admission in the Military Academy, one has to be integrated to their ethics, principles and nation and they should possess gratitude and respect to all the sections of the society. The person has to be brave and courageous to tackle dangerous situations. The person should be truthful and determined towards the tasks provided to him.
I completed my High school and became an electrician. I was the topper of my class. I then worked as an apprentice in a company and I was honored with the award of best apprentice in the company. It can be seen from my profile that I have developed expertise in all the things that I have done and I have effectively accomplished the tasks or roles that are pursued by me. These experiences have helped me to develop a high level of decisiveness, maturity and ability to react appropriately to different situations and take the most appropriate decisions after evaluating and analyzing them.
I have achieved the top most position or recognition in whatever I have done in my life. It shows that I have sheer determination and commitment. I am very honest and I have the ability to influence others. It has helped me to develop extraordinary leadership qualities. I have always been dedicated to be the best in my chosen pursuit. I am very courageous and I have what it takes to become a good leader and a successful Military officer.
My vision is “To give my best for serving the nation”. With this vision, I would like to take my expertise and knowledge to the Military Academy where I would be getting an opportunity to live my dream of serving the country. I always wanted to contribute to the security and prosperity of my country. After experiencing different fields and obtaining expertise in them, I think it is the right time to serve the purpose that I always wanted to do in my life.
Date of Submission:
Qualities for a successful United States Military Academy (USMA) officer:
It is not easy to become a USMA officer. One needs to have certain set of characteristics, qualities and special talents for becoming a successful USMA cadet. These qualities are mentioned below:
Firm will and sheer determination: It is one of the most significant qualities that should be possessed by an individual for aspiring to be a cadet in the USMA. Will power and determination to attain it is required for performing the various critical and highly dangerous and tiring tasks carried in the Military Academy.
Commitment: Commitment is required towards the accomplishment of goals and tasks provided to the individuals by the high command force. It helps the individual to overcome all the difficulties that come into their way while performing their tasks.
Honesty and integrity: The cadets have to be honest in whatever they do and they must have integrated values as they would be protecting the entire nation. The behavior and attitude of the cadets and USMA officers has to be full of gratitude and respect.
Ethically grounded and strong principles: The cadets need to have firm ethics and principles that they would be following in the most critical situations coming in their way.
Courage and Bravery: In all the cadets and officers, courage is the quality that would ensure that they would be bravely performing the tasks given to them. The cadets would be expected to take responsibility of withstanding and overcoming the dangerous situations arising in the nation.